[at-l] Apples and Oranges

And just when was it suggested that a person under assault
should avoid actions to avoid further morbidity or mortality?

The discussion regarded the fact that there is danger of assault
on the trail - something you acknowledge by carrying heat as a
part of your gear. After the assault has terminated, there is a
need to deal with the consequences of the event. These may
include police intervention and due process. Extremely rarely,
due process includes psychiatric evaluations.

Vigilante justice may only serve to put other hikers in jail
along with the defendant, possibly for a longer incarceration.
Do you want to take a shower with him? Don't pick up the soap.

Bill....

******Shane wrote:
I guess I'm still just really dense.  If a guy is choking me,
I'm not going to try to talk to him nicely and help him with his
problems.

I am all for proper treatment, but being assaulted isn't exactly
the time to try to accomplish that.