[at-l] Violence at 4 Pines Hostel

> In either case, if the female in question had been my daughter, wife,
> mother, hiking partner - or a friend - the perpetrator wouldn't have
> survived to do jail time.

My doctor is a good friend of Heather and I. We joke a lot and he follows
Heather's hike. When we saw him in his office after the assault, he couldn't
believe I was able to stay so calm until the police put Michael in cuffs. He said
if anyone had hurt *his* kid....he would have gone ballistic.

It WAS hard for me. But I did it because violence wasn't necessary. If I
caught him beating Heather, that would be a different story! I had the opportunity
to get him calmed down and wait for the police. Every situation is unique.

Wendy   (wsm311@aol.com)
Peace and Carrots Farm
Vermont
http://www.homestead.com/peaceandcarrots/