[at-l] Apples and Oranges

In both cases, jail was involved. Further investigation of the
crimes and of the defendants will determine if medical or
psychiatric interventions are needed. Less than 1% of felonies
are defended as Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity, and fewer pass
through the trial process.

Again, you find it far easier to stigmatize illness and
treatment than to deal with the problem of crime on the trail
and the tragedy of assault. The police were far more appropriate
and effective in their interventions than any Dirty Harry
wannabes.

OrangeBug

<BTW, when was the last time you saw a psychiatrist? You might
want to be a bit more current with psychopharmacology and
psychotherapeutic jargon. What the heck is a couch? Seen any
literature lately on the efficacy of beatings for management of
impulsive violent behaviors?>