[at-l] Kennebec etc.

I think the AT is a special case for federal land. The murders in Yosemite
of those women was prosecuted by the FBI in federal court and I think that
is the normal way these things work. The Park Service has licensed law
enforcement agents in larger parks too.

As for whether the AT is a park or not, just remember that the NPS has
National Parks, National Monuments, National Historic Sites, Archaeological
sites and who knows what else under its purview. So Trails fit in with all
of those entities.

Bryan

"Si vis pacem para bellum"