[at-l] Sgt Rock

Just thought I'd post a link to Sgt Rock's letters home from Baghdad, in case you have missed them.  They are very moving, interesting, and speak of a need for getting back to the Trail every now and then.  This guy has the AT in soul-- I recall one post at whiteblaze.net where he spoke of getting out his maps on the anniversary of his 2007 start date for years (the 1st Sgt will retire in 2006).  ANyway, here are his letters:

http://hikinghq.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=2771#post2771

He seems to  more of a hiking and Trail junkie than most of us on this list.  Not to mention a nice guy and family man.   His main site is www.hikinghq.net, but although he has a computer in Bagdad, I don't think he is on the internet.

FWIW, you can find his APO mailing address on the site if you look around for it.

Rick B