[at-l] Kennebec Bridge

>"... but you seem to be  perfectly willing to continue with a useless pissing
>match.  Why?" asks Jim.

Well, I don't agree that it's a useless pissing match. But the answer to "why"
is that I think it important to defend volunteer decision-makers from
unsubstantiated attacks, since it is increasingly difficult to find people
willing to take on these critically important jobs. I don't want volunteer
control and maintenance of the Appalachian Trail to end, and it will if users
discourage those who do the work needed to keep this a volunteer trail.

Weary