[at-l] Sly the guy.

While hiking the AT in 2000 we covered about 300 miles with Sly and Snail
(Cheryl).  We were very sorry to see them leave us at Watauga Dam as we love
them both.  We made a contract with Sly to paint our farmhouse in
Pennsylvania and today I report the contract fulfilled!  The house is over
one hundred years old and had not been painted in over 15 years.  It is
beautiful today.  We never saw a harder worker, or a better painter than
Sly.  Painting is the wrong word for what was done for our house.  It has
been refinished.  He power washed, hand scraped, hand sanded (every board),
repaired wood, caulked, washed again, spray painted, brush painted, and
rolled the porch deck.  He soldered a water pipe, rewired a computer desk
for 110 volts and phone, removed doorknobs, and repaired a gas line.  Much
of this work was done on a 32-foot ladder.  He also advised me and four
Amish men who did carpenter work and re-roofed a shed.  Sly has been a
hiking friend for 5 years, and now I know he is a skilled and dependable
craftsman.  By the way, I also took him to a golf tournament where he out
drove all of us and chipped in once to earn us a ?skin? worth $95. What a
guy.  We also saw his Red Sox beat our Pirates at PNC Park.

Bear Bag and Sweet Pea, GA>ME 2000
gbuffmd@bigfoot.com