[at-l] 2003 Rain Year

Steve Landis wrote:

>The Trail near the Scott Farm at the bridge is under water. >The Conodoquinet Creek is over it's banks and we are expecting >a thunderstorm tonight.  While scouting the creek for a >possible paddle today ran into a couple of day hikers there >who were hiking from Boiling Springs to Wertzville Road who >had to bushwhack around the flooding.

I would guess Jam LiteShoe will hit that section tomorrow or so.  She was at Pine Grove last night.  Tonight probably Alek Kennedy and then Wednesday she'll have to cross the Cumberland Valley.

That bridge was a mud  hazzard when I went though a few weeks ago and guys the day before said the trail that goes under the bridge was underwater then.  Why ever does the trail go off the bridge to the left and then circle underneath?  Why not just turn down from the right side of the bridge??

Anyway, keep Jam in your thoughts.  This much rain and mud is no fun.  And that valley is muddy even in dry years.

Hey everyone: why not send her some magic to the Doyle in Duncannon which she'll probably hit this Thursday!  Bet she takes a zero there!  She deserves it!

Pb