[at-l] 2003 Rain Year

I've been trying to convince the guys at work that 50 degrees and overcast
is actually about perfect for carrying a pack. I'm not sure they're buying
<g>.
Forturnately the FLT doesn't have enough foot traffic to turn to mud. The
hard part wasn't so much the rain as that it would rain for a morning and
then be gray for three more days. So day 4 you're walking through a field
and getting soaked from the grass still wet from day 1.
I was also lucky that when the heaviest rains fell I was by chance in town
or by doing some long miles in a shelter. Packing everything up in a
morning downpour is about the most depressing thing on the trail (still
better than being at work<g>).

So, if I had a choice this wouldn't be my year for a thru-hike. However, if
I didn't have a choice I'd still go!

skeeter