[at-l] 2003 Rain Year

I have a friend that just returned from doing a section from Harper's Ferry to Duncannon (?) and he said it was all wet.  Some places the trail is under water and in some places you have to fight to keep your boots on.  He said it was very hard on the feet because they were always wet and it was hard to keep the mud from oozing in over the tops of the boots.

Charles

----- Original Message -----
From: RoksnRoots@aol.com
To: AT-L@Backcountry.net
Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2003 12:56 PM
Subject: [at-l] 2003 Rain Year

     I believe Maine got a good rain on the north end thursday. That should keep some of the watering holes charged for the southbounders.

     The rest of the AT has a rain front over it today. I would bet 2003 hikers would consider this a wet year.

    The pattern should break soon with the onset of summer. From all this rain the commonly dry sections should have good spring flows into July...