[at-l] Here it comes...

Listers: see now, what happens, when a post comes through and
unifies and excites and prompts all sorts of thoughtful posts?
Great list.

KellyGoWalk: I admire and appreciate MedicineMan's romanticism,
but must observe that a throughhike is 1/160th of your life, and
love finds that no hurdle. I vote (we're voting?) with Alex (who
knows, by the way): walk.

Here's why: you have wanderlust -- the need to see and know
what's out there and around the corner and up on that ridge and
in that hollow and out on that old tote road. To not exercise it
is to forestall only; to ignore it is to live the 'quiet
desperation'. And you'll be no good to anyone.

Thanks for a great post.
I'm stopping now; gotta
save some for book.
Sloetoe