[at-l] (no subject)

Kelly,
Your post has moved me to a reply....believe me I know the allure of the thru-hikes...I have fought it my whole life. As an AT section hiker for 31 years I have met countless thru's...trust and believe this- if you have found true and enduring love that is nuturing and supportive DO NOT risk loosing it for the romance, the challenge, or the endeavor of a long hike. The AT, the CDT, the PCT are all man-made, they are all creations of a man-mind. Love and the abject chance of intimacy is God given...the trail has such incredible beauties, such awesome scapes, and those challenges-again man-made or induced- that can alter you forever but none of these beauties can compare in the least with the love of a woman and man. If you want the challenge of your life marry this man and work as hard on the success of your marriage as you would have on your hike. Look at your union with your love as a thru-hike that will never end. If you are so forced to due the thru realize that you will in all likelihood loose this man and if he is the love of your life then what have you gained? As you ponder this reply ask yourself this question- is this the man you want helping you find your false teeth? If you answer yes, well you know the rest.
As far as your other battles, remember this. All of us see life on earth through human eyes and all the struggles that slam us from day to day are only insults of human integrity which is a foible at best....try to look at things from an outwordly eye, and that is the eye that will exist forever, all meaning that life on earth is so very very short. You will exist forever Kelly and in retrospect (that is 400 years from now) you will look back and then realize that somethings WERE more important than others.
All the best....
Medicine Man