[at-l] Here Goes

Have you ever just wanted to step out of life?  Just back away?  Have you
ever said, "Woah!, too much, too soon, too little, not enough?"  What if life is
REALLY not fair?  What if, no matter what you do to try to be a good person,
you're constantly taken advantaged of?  What if life is really just full of
disappointments?  What if there is no "bright side?"  What if the grass is NEVER
greener?  What if you're jinxed?  What if you have bad luck?  What happens
when, regardless of how hard you try, life slams you in the face?  What do you
do?  Cry?  Scream?  Take it out on other people?  Really.  What do you do?  How
does an optimist remain so?  I reckon if you are an optimist, you're an
optimist.  What's the breaking point?  How many times are you faced with problems
that seem impossible to overcome finally become too much?  I need a scale, a way
to compare, a way to know when to say, "Fuck it all." And be happy with the
decision.

There have been times when I just slept.  I slept through everything, simply
because I COULD NOT DEAL with life.  Now, I can?t sleep because I DO deal with
life.  I don?t know which is worse.

I do know that I'm NOT doing what I want to do.  I have a vocation, but not a
career.  I have a job, but it?s not me.  I am constantly wanting to yell,
"FUCK YOU!  YOU HAVE A LAW DEGREE?  SO FUCKING WHAT?  That doesn't make you
smarter than me.

I am completely and entirely different from anyone I know.  I will bend over
backwards to help someone, regardless of who they are.  I will give money to
bums when I know they'll buy booze.  I'll listen when I don?t want to.  I?ll
always give EVERYONE the benefit of the doubt.  I'm gullible that way.  Is this
good?  Is this bad?  Am I really stupid, and I don?t know it?

There was a time when I thought the world was mine for the taking? For a
while, I DID take it.  Then, "I" couldn?t take it.  Then, I wasn?t capable of
taking it.  Now, here I am, capable again, and I don?t want the responsibility.
Life has a way of throwing you curves, that are unexpected, and you have to
deal with them.  I, personally, hate these so called "curves", and wish that
everything would remain the same and constant.

I just want to know where the fire in me went?  Where is that drive and
ambition?  Where are those hopes and dreams that were so strong they nearly tore me
apart?  Why is it now, that I?m dedicated, and capable of achieving my goals,
that the fire is gone?  Is it a "Teenage" thing?  Is it knowledge that kills
the desire?  Is it different dreams or goals or just the knowledge that it
really "ain?t that simple" that kills it?  God, to know what I know now, and have
the gumption that I had then.

I listen to the rain sometimes in my home, and I feel safe.  Is safety really
the ultimately goal?  Have I reached it unknowingly?  Or have I reached a
state of contentedness  that is hard to overcome? I hear the rain now, and I?m
inside, and I like the sound, but at the same time, I?m glad I?m not out there,
but at the same time, I WANT to be out there.  I want that freedom, to live
life regardless of the rain, or "curve balls."

The plight of the people in other countries disturbs me to the point of
tears, but yet, I?m selfish in the fact that I?m here, I can do what I want, and
you can?t.  It makes me feel superior in a certain respect, but yet, I can cry
at the drop of the hat when I read or hear a story about someone that is less
fortunate than me.  I?m forever pulled in a million directions by what I KNOW
and what I FEEL.   No, I don?t think I?m selfish.  I care to much about EVERY
fucking thing to be selfish.  But, I carry the burden of caring.  Sometimes,
I wish I didn?t care so much.  I think the burden of caring outweighs the
burden of selfishness.  The load may be heavier, but it weighs less on the mind.

What I want to know is how I can "get back" the ambition, and desire, and
hope I always had for my future. I don?t know when I lost it.  I don?t know how
I lost it.  Shit.  Knowledge is a pile of crap.  Realism is over rated.

I find myself in a life I don?t want.  I have a boyfriend whom I love with
all my heart, but I wonder, am I giving up too much for him?  I want to hike the
AT and maybe the PCT and the CDT.  I don?t want to live in South Florida.
And, the only thing keeping me here is him.  I love him so much, and I think
that we?ve found that perfect love, that most people NEVER experience.  How can I
give that up?  Damn it.  Life?s challenges SUCK!

I?ve come a long way while I?ve been in south Florida.  Life here has been
good to me.  I have a vocation, if not a career, and I make good money.  I can
more or less "write my own ticket" but I don?t want to.  If THE BOY knew this,
he would probably break up with me.  Not because it didn?t fit with his
lifestyle, but because he loves me.  Jesus.  What?s a girl to do?

I started out as a hillbilly, knowing nothing, and now, I have the life I
dreamed of as a child? but now, the life I want is different.  I moved here,
became a stripper, met a LOT of men that helped me.  Not because I was a stripper,
but because they knew I had a mind.  I?m still friends with a lot of these
men.   I put myself through college, maintained a GPA that impressed State
Colleges, but never took it any further.  I wish I had.  I could have probably
become a nuclear scientist (If that is what interested me) or a?a?. I don?t know,
ANY FREAKING THING!

I really want to be a writer, but don?t know the first thing about it. I don?
t know how to spell, I have a LARGE vocabulary, but haven?t mastered the art
of spelling the words I know.  I don?t know how to structure a sentence
properly.  I don?t know how to conduct a sentence or a paragraph, much less write a
book.  What do I do?  I?ve read Tolstoy and Fitzgerald and Ezra Pound, and
every other thing in between.  Damn it.  Damnitalltohell!

I?m confused and I?m angry and I don?t know what to do.  This post will
probably be the last post I make to the list.  At least until I figure out the
complexity that is me.  I reckon I will have to either have to DO SOMETHING, or
accept my life. I suppose  I?ll either throw gear, or myself off a steep cliff.

Anyway,
GoVols