[at-l] Attaching a Platypus

On Wednesday, June 4, 2003, at 10:01  AM, redhead@hack.net wrote:

> Question - I have the platypus bladder w/ hose, but not the carrying
> sleeve/sling/whatever you call it. Is there some way I could attach it
> to my
> external frame backpack that might work, or I should I just not bother
> taking
> it? I've never used it before, but I need to carry enough water for
> Cassy and I
> this weekend, and I think having it along would help.

Any reason not to stuff it under the top flap?  Do you have a top flap?

I can think of a number of ways to attach it.  You could put it in a
stuff sack
that has a strap on the end, and then attach the stuffsack to the frame.
You could duct tape it to the frame, but that would make filling it
awkward.
You could duct tape around it and form a couple of loops out of the duct
tape, and then use carabiners to attach it to your frame.

The possibilities are endless.

-amy