From: Tim Woodworth [mailto:hiker_00@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 13:32
To: at-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [at-l] Blood suckers in Maine

Hey all,

Just got back from Rockport Maine last night and have to relate an article
from the local Currier Gazette published 5/27.  The front page photo showed
a young bull moose jogging through a Thomaston Me backyard.  The text under
the photo said moose and deer have been seen more frequently in residential
areas and on highways due to the aggressive, large population of black flies
and mosquitoes in deep forests.

I bet this makes the early southbounders race along too.

Shep