[at-l] Parking question - Glascow VA (Rt 501)

Hi folks,

We're getting ready to hike our last VA section, and are hoping to spot a car at the Rt 501 trailhead just east of Glascow (at the bridge over the James River).  The map shows a parking lot there - anybody ever park there or have any idea as to its security?  The map also shows another such lot on the Blue Ridge Parkway by the Punch Bowl shelter, which might be another alternative.  Any information on either location would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Wildfire & Wounded Knee