[at-l] Please keep Heather in your thoughts and prayers

We had a very disturbing night here. Heather's boyfriend was taken away in
handcuffs by the Vermont State Police. He was AT thru-hiker Ragamuffin.

He beat Heather. He held her against a wall, choking her, gouged her eye and
gave her a swollen face. I was astounded by the damage. Heather will be OK in

a few days, but has lost a great deal of innocence. No one expects someone
they love to snap and resort to violence. Apparently the guy has a mental
illness. They are evaluating him in jail.

I feel pretty darn sobered this morning.

Wendy   (wsm311@aol.com)
Peace and Carrots Farm
Vermont
http://www.homestead.com/peaceandcarrots/