[at-l] Western Heat Wave

In a message dated 5/29/2003 12:13:10 PM Eastern Standard Time, RoksnRoots writes:

>    A kink in the jet stream has created record warm temperatures out west. I expect this will make the snow-pack melt-off quicker allowing for an optimal PCT year. The only catch would be being in it and having to cross melt run-off swollen
> streams...

Most of this years hikers will be approaching the High Sierra in the next few days and weeks where some of the stream crossings can get dicey.

Perhaps I was lucky in a normal snow year in that I had snow bridges to cross a couple of the more infamous streams.  Shoot, I didn't even know what a snow bridge was until a couple weeks before starting.  Trepidation to say the least.  What a rush to make it to the other side without falling through!

Sly