[at-l] SORUCK (southern RUCKus)

pittsburgh here.  my plans for moving to northern georgia are taking shape, and i should be a resident by summers end.  so, i am tentatively volunteering to facilitate the SORUCK.  enota campground (www.enota.com) was mentioned, and i have contacted them, they will be open and available in january, and they can accomodate any size of group.  their facilities include tenting, teepees, bunkhouses, cabins, hotel, restaurant, meeting room, large covered pavilion, etc, etc.  in other words, they fit the bill.  if all we need is tenting/cabins, then the costs can be kept very low.  if we want more facilities opened, then the costs will increase.  i have no handle on these costs at this time.  enota does not need tentative reservations until early fall, so there is time to hash this out..

there is a trail from enota that goes directly to red clay gap on the AT.  i have hiked this trail, and it is marvelous.  north on the AT from red clay gap will get you to unicoi gap.  south on the AT from red clay gap will get you to chattahoochee gap, and another marvelous side trail named jacks gap trail.  this trail comes out on route 180, near brasstown bald, just up the road from enota.  so, there are wonderful loop hike opportunities.  plus, hiawassee and helen are nearby...

ultimately, this is a wonderfully secluded, yet full service, facility, with excellent accomodations, access to the AT, and close to trail towns...

give me some feedback...

pittsburgh, barb, ryan