[at-l] AT Hike Report: Day 22

I've been enjoying your hike reports ;-)

But.....my question all along has been.....why did you start so early??

My daughter started at Amicalola Falls March 30th. I was not amused when we
got 2 days of snow right off the bat. Ideally, it would probably have been
better to start about a week later. We took off so many zero days from going on
adventures on the side, that the weather was pretty decent all along.

Maybe it's a psychological thing, but I also wonder why more people don't do
flip-flops. We are going to L'anse aux Meadows, Newfoundland in July so
Heather can hike south.

As van support, I would revolt if I had to hang out and camp in extremes of
hot or cold! At home, I have an organic vegetable farm. After 16 years of
planting, I'm a big fan of listening to mother nature. You can't plant a tomato in
the snow ;-)

Wendy   (wsm311@aol.com)
Peace and Carrots Farm
Vermont