[at-l] AT trip report Day 6

Friday, May 9
Hot Springs

We're going to do 13 miles into Hot Springs to get going
on our new schedule.  I think it will be hard for me, and I'm
right.  It's hot out.  10-kid's feet are shredding.  Leapfrog
doesn't like hot weather.  I'm still kind of nauseated.

But we hike and hike and hike and soon enough we
come to Hot Springs.  After a meal at the Diner we
head up to the Magnolia Inn, where Leapfrog
has wangled reservations.  It's gorgeous.  We find
out they have a gourmet chef and are distraught.
We've already eaten!

It's 10-kid's birthday, so we at least get dessert and a candle
for her.   Leapfrog has thoughtfully picked up a present in
town.  And one for me too, because my birthday is
tomorrow.  Aw...

-Quack Quack