[at-l] AT trip report Day 0

Saturday, May 3
Erwin

My friend Alex from work drove me to Miss Janet's House in Erwin,
where I met up with Leapfrog and her friend Nancy.  POG is hanging
out when I arrive.  What a nifty surprise (for both of us!)  The place
is full despite a bunch of hikers heading to the hills for a cookout.

At 11 two beds are still empty but have stuff on them.  Martha Graham
thinks the stuff belongs to hikers who've gone to the cookout and
tells me to go sleep in one of them.  I do, and end up displacing
somebody who was there after all.  Martha Graham can be very firm.

It all worked out.  The other top bunk was supposed to be taken
by somebody who was really too sick to be climbing in and out
of a bunk.  He slept on the sofa in easy reach of the bathroom.

-amy