[at-l] RE: Papa Bear's Flowers

Papa Bear-
  I indicated the wrong position for what I identified as wild geranium--it's not the lower left, but middle left--I think you figured out which one I was talking about without this clarification ;)  The other flower you mention (#14) I can't see well enough to make a guess on.  It looks sorta like blue-eyed grass, but I wouldn't swear to it.
  And yes, the flower now in the lower left of page 2 looks like a violet to me to.
And FYI: I'm no expert, just interested.  Nice pics!

Lilla

 Lillia wrote:
>The flower in the lower left quadrant on page 2 (and also in upper right on
page 3) is not a violet.  I believe it's a wild geranium.

>Lilla

Lilla

Thanks for the note.  I've changed the captions and moved them to come
before the Violets.  I'm also not 100% sure of the shot of the many flowers
(#14, the one that is now after the white streaked flower, before the yellow
Violets) on page 3, but the leaves that I see in that group are heart
shaped.  What's your guess on that one?

The one now in the lower right of page 2 is interesting.  It has leaves of
another plant around it's base.  Those leavs do indeed look like a Geranium.
But the shape of the flower with the assymetric petals is Violet-like.
Geranium petals seem more symmetric.  I knew this would be a bad one to ID
when I took it, but the actual leaves of the flower in question were heat
shaped.  You can see a few of these leaves underneath towards the bottom.
Not a good picture for a field guide but I thought it was a neat shot
nevertheless.

I'm no expert in flowers but I keep trying to learn.   Please keep your
suggestions coming.

Pb