[at-l] Hiking in PA

Perigrinus wrote:

>For those of you who have hiked in PA, I have a question.
>
> I have hike in PA from Maryland to Duncannon.  I am wondering specifically
>about the trail from Duncannon and the next 32 miles of trail.  I noticed
on the >KTA map 7/8 that there is an 18 mile gap between shelters in one
area.   Is >primitive camping allowed between there?  I don't think I am up
to an 18 mile >hike.  I want to be able to hike from Just south of Duncannon
to the end of the >map on my vacation next month but I am struggling with
the shelter spacing.
>Thanks
>Peregrinus

Peregrinus (nice name, wanderer), I'm confused.  If you hiked to Duncannon
from Maryland, you crossed the Cumberland Valley which is 18.3 miles from
Alek Kennedy to Darlington Shelters.  Unless you stayed at that spot on the
"other side of the tracks" (literally) in Boiling Springs, you already did
an 18 miler, no?

Pb