[at-l] Old Guide Book Available

In a message dated 5/20/03 3:07:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jbullar1@twcny.rr.com writes:

> Someone asked about old trail routes a while back. For the historically
> inclined there is a Guide to the Appalachian Trail-1959 (Conn., Mass.,
> Vermont & NH) on Ebay right now. It is item #3522746747 opening at $9.

I have this 1959 guide, it's about an inch and a half thick with 10 or 11
maps. Says 'New England' but no Maine - Maine had two separate AT guidebooks.
 The changes are fun to note, like how back then the AT didn't go over
Stratton but kept west of it, while the Long Trail went right up and over it.

TJ