[at-l] Another Trail Days come and gone . . .

and it is now back to the so called "real" world :)

I only saw one of the weddings, but it was pretty awesome. The bride, Murphy,
was wearing a stunning wedding dress - with hiking boots, of course. And the
groom had a handsome tuxedo . . . well, the top of one, anyway - the bottom
half of the outfit was hiking shorts and sandles. The nice gentelman who
married them was wearing a nice suit - yea, the top part. His bottom outfit was
also hiker style, with hiking boots instead of sandles. A wonderful reception
followed, with neverending food (a hard feat to manage around hikers!) and lots
of laughter and friendship.

The parade was, as usual, a blast - a blast of water, that is! There is an
official reward for the identification of the person who dumped the 5 gallon
bucket of water on Leapfrog and Cassy ;) Most people were heavily armed with
machine-gun style water guns or ballons.

I'd like to say the talent show was great - but unfortunately for the first
time it was scheduled Sunday well after lunch time, and Damascus was down to
about a quarter of the people who were there on Saturday. It was so short that
I was 45 minutes late and missed it.

I saw about 20 listers, although most of them for very brief periods.
(Hummingbird, Shannon and I tried to find you, but it was a futile effort :( )

This year they actually enforced the "campground camping only" policy,
which had both pluses and minuses. We were told by a reliable source that they
actually put that decision out as a survey to the locals, and 90% of the town
people wanted to keep everyone in town on the river and other places. I guess
the 10% who didn't want to keep it that way had a tad more say in the matter?

The good part, of course, was having everyone tenting close by. One of the
minuses was once you actually got to the campground, some strange vortex set in
and it was hard to get motivated enough to either walk to town or find a ride.
Of course, the vortex was strongest in Billville, although I hear it was pretty
strong in other places, too, like Hobo Central, or some of the Billville
suburbs, like Janet Land and FannyPack Land. ;)

Anyway - the rest of the weekend was the same as every Trail Days before - full
of laughter, fun, campfires, drum circles, great friends, constantly seeing
someone else you haven't seen in forever and wanted to hug, and the mixed
feelings of happiness and sadness when Sunday and leaving time arrived. There
is really no need to elaborate on the rest of the details - I think Chomps pics

sum up how the rest of the weekend was.

btw, Chomp, I can't believe you took so long to upload those photo's ;-)

Red