[at-l] Back from Trail Days

Just got back home and so happy to find AT-L up again.  Thanks, Ryan for all
the hard work and dedication!

Had a great time and it was fantastic seeing so many great friends.
However, TD just is not the same since they put in the campground/nuclear
waste site.  So spread out so it is hard to find folks.  This year it was
even more difficult to connect with AT-L folks since there was no
communication for some time before.  No official Trail Day picture this year
which was a real bummer.

Sloetoe camped in front of us with his boys and we did see Sly, eArThworm,
Ms. Janet, Redhead (for a second!) and lots more folks.  We had a real treat
having Hopeful to our campsite for a ribfest.  He looks great!  It rained a
lot during TD so it was not always easy to get around.  We did manage to
find Baltimore Jack and he asked to have his picture taken with my cat,
Jingle. He did look somewhat sober so I agreed.  Jingle had a blast basking
in the attention.

The Trail Days talent show was not in the schedule but added later for 2
p.m. SUNDAY.  Do not even know if it went on or not as most of the thru
hikers were back on the trail by then.  That was a disappointment as it is
always such fun to watch.

The shows were great and we finally got to meet Nimblewell Nomad's
girlfriend, Dwinda.  She was his high school sweetheart and they met again
after 41 years.  We spend quite a bit of time with them and also with Honey
and Bear who are looking younger every time we see them.    There were three
weddings taking place during Trail Days as well.

So much more but I am beat after all the festivities.  I actually find TD
more exhausting than hiking!  Hope everyone is back safely and getting ready
for The Gathering.

But first.....I have to make arrangements for Jan's back surgery.
Hugs, Hummingbird

---