[at-l] Rail Blazing Ferret

The moral of the story is to keep your Ferret well fed.
Felix did ...

<http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&e=12&u=/nm/britain_ferret_dc>

Hungry Ferret Terrorizes Train
1 hour, 23 minutes ago  Add Oddly Enough - Reuters to My Yahoo!

LONDON (Reuters) - A hungry ferret caused chaos on a commuter train in central England on Sunday,
leaping from passenger to passenger before ducking into the driver's cab and devouring his lunch.

The wild ferret jumped on to the northbound Midland Mainline train as it picked up passengers at
Leicester Station.

"It ran up and down the train causing more than a little consternation -- although it is hard to
say if the ferret or the passengers were more frightened," a company spokeswoman said.

"It then got into the driver's cab and ate his lunch -- a cheese sandwich I think -- before he
realized what was going on," she told Reuters.

The quick thinking driver radioed ahead for experts from the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA) to meet the train, capture the ferret and remove it so the journey
could continue.

"So we have a hungry driver and a full ferret -- which is spending the night with the RSPCA while
they try to find it a new home," the spokeswoman said, adding that it was a first for the company.

=====
David Addleton
vocate atque non vocate deus aderit
http://dfaddleton.home.att.net/