[at-l] day hike - details

Linda,

At minimum, I always carry the following on a summer dayhike: Water, a
lightweight pullover, a small flashlight, an extra snack, a compass, a tiny
first aid kit, a lighter, a whistle, a hat, a camera... always a camera. All
but the camera can easily fit in a fanny pack. If you like you can check out
a website I created several years ago which contains a list of equipment for
more ambitious dayhikes such as I often take here in New England. (
www.crocker.com/vhoyt ). It has not been updated in a looong time...

Vic