[at-l] TYVEK JACKET + PANTS = $10.00

Holy Cheap Suit, Batman!
http://www.sheddableshell.com has only a picture of the pants --
TIME TO IMPROVE THAT, FOLKS.

I hit the expo for the Indianapolis Mini this afternoon and
found the Sheddable Shell 100% Recycled Tyvek top and bottom for
$5.00/piece and bought the suit. I am going back tomorrow to get
one for the car, one for the pack, one as a gift, maybe two as a
gift, maybe three.....

I have not been active on bpl for a bit: I hope I'm not late to
the news on this stuff, and huge apologies if I am, but I
figured between ultra runners, fastpackers, ultra-lighters, and
AT throughhikers, this stuff will be a RAGE. It'd be great for a
race, and with some judicious duct-taping, would go great on the
trail. (a poor man's FrogTog?) (a weight-weenie's wet/dry
dream?)

No pockets, a one way zipper, and no hood... but it weighs maybe
2 oz; 4oz for the suit. YOWSA. And costs less than a pair of
socks. Elastic cuffs everywhere but the leg bottoms, too; I
easily put the pants on over my faux-trail-shoes.

When I mentioned going to Damascus, Virginia's Trail Days (May
15-18th), Http://www.traildays.org the gentleman at the booth
suggested I pick up a bunch at wholesale and sell 'em out, but
to be honest, I'm not interested in "working" the weekend, so
for any hikers interested, if you let me know tomorrow before
noon, I will go at lunch and pick you up a set. If you want to
ccopy SheddableShell of your interest, they might make an effort
to go -- who knows?

So: anybody heard of/seen this stuff? Their schedule points to
the bigger marathons, but they're missing the hikers right now.
Bigly hugely. Who wants to meet me at Trail Days?

Dry Trails,
Sloetoe

=====
Spatior! Nitor! Nitor! Tempero!