[at-l] Update on Bob, and this and that...

Been busy lately... I'm in the middle of buying a new house.  Well, it's
actually an old house, but it's new to me...  Image of which can be seen
here:

http://www.theplacewithnoname.com/images/HouseSmall.jpg

It's best feature, or so I have heard, is that Felix used to live here.  I
have my doubts, but I am a trusting soul...

In other news, after handling some personal business, Bob will be back on
the trail next week.  He leaves here on Monday and should be on the trail by
May 7 or 8, starting Southbound at Fontana Dam.  His most pressing question
right now is how much food to carry.  I told him not less than four days,
and not more than eight, so he's settled on six days...  I'm supposed to
Tuckerize him on Saturday.

Hawk Perkins, a genuine Houma indian chief, will be walking with him the
whole way.  I like Hawk very much, and can't think of a hiking companion I'd
rather have.  Well, except for Felix, or Curtis, or maybe Weary.  Oh, and
Rocky, and TJ, and...well, never mind...  Anyway, Hawk is the real deal and
will probably drive Bob crazy since Hawk doesn't need much and doesn't carry
much and doesn't worry at all about anything.  Bob, on the other hand, was
born to worry.  Either Hawk will show him the light, or he'll go mad.
Either way, he should have fun.

Hawk is on official Vision Quest, having been sanctioned by the tribe to
walk with Bob.  A fantastic honor if you ask me...

So, if you happen to see a very large, loud Scottish Highlander with wild
eyes being lead around by a small, quiet Red Man with wise eyes you are
probably looking at Bob and Hawk.  Take a picture.  It'll last longer.  Oh,
and send me a copy...

Trail journal, available here, will be updated in the next few days:

http://www.theplacewithnoname.com/hiking/journals/bob/index.htm

Shane