[at-l] Appalachians on "Wilderness" List

Here's a URL to a list of "the wilderness that remains".
http://www.press.uchicago.edu/Misc/Chicago/9686397698.html
The Appalachians are among the 37 places listed from around the world.
Before anyone leaps to debate the point (a handful of listers come to mind),
read the criteria they used for compiling their list. I, like the authors of
the list, recognize that there are other criteria depending on your point of
view. I post the URL because it cheers me that the ATC and company have done
their job well and kept this resource wild enough to make the list. While I
don't agree with everything they have done, they have done very well.

Saunterer