[at-l] Re: Florida mosquitoes

--
In a message dated 04/30/2003 3:49:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
lparker@cacaphony.net writes:

> Excruciatingly painful. Thankfully, they only come out in the early evening
> hours

We were camping in the ten thousand Islands off the west coast of Florida a
couple of years ago (the one time The Boy went with me) and we're on the
beach where there is a nice breeze, mind you.  Well, around 9:00 a.m. I
crawled out of my tent to pee, when I was literally attacked by the
thousands.  I couldn't get back in the tent fast enough, and when I did,
thousands of the little buggers followed me in. An hour later and with a
bursting bladder, I crawled out again, and there wasn't a bug in site.
Weird, no?  I think sand fleas are more like lice, but I could be wrong.
Icky little things, both of them.

Kelly