[at-l] BUGS

Vitamin B1 does repel bugs and insects.  We give it to athletes who are
allergic to bees and during my years in Sports Medicine, never have we had
an athlete to get stung who was taking the B1.  My team physician says to
double the dose and take 2 - 100 mg. tablets per day if you are in the
woods, etc. If you sweat a lot and are concerned that you may get bit, then
take 3 per day.  If not needed, the extra will be eliminated from the body
through urine and sweat.

I am a part time hiker and try to section hike each year.  Last year I got
bit one time and while telling my physician about it he said he knew when
it was --- "at the end of the day, it had been a hard day, and you had lost
a lot of fluids through sweat".  He was right on all aspects.  Something
about the AT and July makes you do that.

B1 is a cheap, painless, and easy way to stop bug bites.

If you would like more info on this, e-mail me off line.  Thanks.