[at-l] Re: early RSVP

Rich, Timothy D. wrote:

>Felix,
>
>I believe the 1969 GMC and Chevy 2-door utilities were both called Blazers.
>I think GMC started using the Jimmy plate for that vehicle in 1970, SO...a
>little bit of useless info to wrangle some possibility from a felixic turn
>of a phrase if, that is, Gimme's Blaze is a 60's model...
>
>Take Care,

Well, firstly of all, I knew about the '69 GMC/Chevy shared naming
fiasco (my father was a stock holder then. Held cattle and hogs.) I just
wasn't comfortable using '69 relative to GMC. Also, I'm not sure what
vintage GMC's Blaze is. I think he is probably the kind that gets better
with age...like a lot of those cars and trux from that era. I mean, you
rarely hear someone bragging about having an '87 Skylark with 62,000
miles in their barn out back, do you? Who'd want one? Give me a '71
Chevelle with 112,000 anyday.  I remember when the Chevy SUV was called
the 'Trailblazer'. That was during the time that I played for the
Portland Trailblazers. Coach Jack Ramsey told everybody on the team that
he'd give them a new Chevy Trailblazer if we won the championship. At
the time, Bill Walton and I roomed together on roadtrips. I hated him. I
hate him now. Anyway, the night before game 6, the deciding game 6 of
the championship series, I told the big redhead (not our redhead, mind
ya) (wasn't it nice of me to not say 'not our big redhead'? I'm finally
figgering out what to and not to say to and about women) I told Walton
I'd trade him some bean sprouts and a picture of Patty Hearst for his
Blazer if we won the championship. The big goon was so excited to make
the deal he went out and score 35 points and pulled down 18 rebounds
(mostly on his own mist shots, though). What a day. When we got home, we
ate ice cream. I wore purple.