Re[6]: [at-l] Hiking for causes.

Weary wrote:
> >"...The last time someone on at-l publicly announced a donation to TP,
>the guy
> >gave a BIG donation - and was kicked off TP very shortly thereafter.
>Some
> >people learn the hard way." says ever cynical Jimmy (and/or).
>
>Jim. Your memory is getting short. I've been there, done that.

Both the giving AND the booting?  You never told us about that connection
before.  But then you've never made that kind of announcement before on at-l
either.  You didn't connect ALL the dots, so you haven't "really" been
there, done that. <VBG>

Nothing wrong with my memory - I was talking about something that happened
long before you ever got here. Don't be taking things so personal - it's bad
for your blood pressure.  <G>

Oh - yeah - remember what I told you about those who call me "Jimmy".  It's
not good luck for those who do it anymore - and I've mourned too many
friends over the last 3 years.

>Wise people give to the cause, not the person.

Don't feel any need for cynicism in this case either.  Wise people don't
give to ineffective organizations - regardless of the cause.  Or to feed
someone else's beer and nachos habit.   <VBG>

But - in the end, we all give where we want regardless of logic or wisdom,
don't we?  It's not always a logical decision.  Have fun with it.  <G>

Walk softly,
Jim