[at-l] Hiking for causes

William the "too late" Turtle wrote:

>I thought the idea was to get people to pledge moola before you do the
>deed.

Yeah - but those who hustle their friends, soon enough won't have any
friends.  Especially if those friends are prospective thruhikers.  They have
their own charity to contribute to - their own thruhike.

>Otherwise I might betempted to treat them like we told to treat salesmen,
>Jehovah's Witnesses,and fund rasiers (except Girl Scout cookie sellers) at
>the club I bouncedat.  Either that or I would go Bun-Bun on them.*
>
>William, The "Bun-Bun" Turtle

Don't spend much time on TA, do you?  S'OK - neither have I lately.  Been
too busy to play.  But you might want watch out for those who have a
particular dislike for Bun-Bun.

>* Just in case you want to see a picture of the cute little mini-loped
>earred bunny named Bun-Bun & don't know what he is like, here is a T-shirt
>with Bun-Bun.
>http://store.sluggy.com/details-fear.htm

Here's a better idea what he's like:

http://www.sluggy.com/daily.php?date=970901

http://www.sluggy.com/daily.php?date=970906

http://www.sluggy.com/daily.php?date=970914

http://www.sluggy.com/daily.php?date=971114

http://www.sluggy.com/daily.php?date=971225

Walk softly - and carry a BIG switchblade and a lot of attitude,
Jim