[at-l] Cellular phone on the trail

As someone else already stated, most European cell phones don't work in the
States, the reverse is true as well.

I was on the trail two weeks ago with a Kyocera Tri-mode with a built in
Palm Pilot. It worked very well at Mollies Ridge Shelter, but not at all
lower down. Yes, I COULD connect to the internet, I connected to weather.com
and got an updated forecast on the twelve inches of snow we weren't supposed
to be getting....

1X service is only now coming into general use in the States, so connection
speeds are normally very slow to the internet, 3G is a pipedream here.

Lee I Joe