From: bleederguy [mailto:bleederguy@adelphia.net]
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2003 10:55 AM
To: at-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Cc: 'rick boudrie'
Subject: [at-l] Hiking for causes.

I should thank you.  I worked for Project Hope
http://www.nationjob.com/showcomp.cgi/prjh.html  for two years in the late
Sixties as a nurse. The money people raised helped a lot. Later I worked for
the "WHO"& the International Red Cross that also used gifts of charity from
countries, companies and individuals.  I not sure how these organizations
would do their work if it were not for begging.  Remember, taking care of
people is on the bottom of the list of all countries.

I learned long time ago to say no, change the channel and hang up and not
feel guilty.  Pan handling is pan handling even if it is done by a fellow
hiker.

Beau Bushor
"bleeder guy"
_