[at-l] Trail Days get-together

On Friday, April 18, 2003, at 12:16 PM, Linda Patton wrote:

> Re the suggested gathering Fri. nite...there are a few on the list
> who are also members of the WomenHikers list, and the WH had also
> suggested getting together that night.  Any problems with everyone
> having one big party?  There's maybe a dozen WH going to TD, as I
> recall.  Does someone with current knowledge of Damascus have a
> suggestion for where we might possibly try to eat?  Or do we just
> meet (was that the gazebo? caboose?--and where exactly are those
> spots?) and then play it by ear?

It's okay by me.

There's a pizza joint on the main strip which seems to be a popular
dinner destination.

The caboose is the meeting spot.  If you are coming from the South, the
AT comes into town by a long narrow park.  The caboose is at the other
end of the park.  You can pretty much follow the paved path to it.

If you're in town, go down the main drag until it ends, and the caboose
is on your left.

This assumes I'm remembering correctly.

-amy