[at-l] Simeron is really Cimarron the 80 year old hiker

--
Please excuse my spelling error as I informed you of my 80-year-old friend
Cimarron=92s thru hike.  Thanks to Pittsburgh for the correction.  It turns
out Cimarron, NM, is the town outside the Philmont Scout Ranch where Mike
Caetano has been a scout leader on 15 visits over the years.  He=92s also a
retired World War Two Navy Carrier Pilot and a retired secondary school
science teacher with eight children.
I=92ll be visiting him this weekend near Standing Indian.  I=92ve offered to
take him in for church as he generally attends mass daily; however, he says
he=92s gotten special dispensation from the Bishop while he=92s on the trai=
l!
So I=92ll just take him some =93peeps=94 that we missed dearly at Easter on=
 our
hike.
By the way, he started at 5 miles per day and is now doing about 8 per day
and concerned about not being up to 12 per day for a 6-month hike.   I=92ve
told him of the Warren Doyle model of 8 per day in the first 400 miles is a
12-mile per day average.

Bear Bag and Sweet Pea, GA>ME, 2000

Gary Buffington
gbuffmd@bigfoot.com