[at-l] slow hike #2 - 04/05/2003

this post is quite late.  barb and i arrived on the 5th at tray gap for the=
 slow hike feast.  a boy scout group was in residence feeding the hikers - =
they had been there for three days.  we joined them, putting out our spread=
 alongside of theirs...

we were happy to see katydid arrive in due course.  she indicated that the =
other slow hikers - haywire and tennessee 1 & 2 - were behind, and would no=
t be getting to tray gap for the feast.  katydid did feast well, as did man=
y many other hikers.  the weather was wonderful...

hummingbird and dutch treat joined the crowd later in the day, then coosa a=
rrived.  we all stayed up way past hiker bedtime...

barb left sunday morning.  hummingbird and i hiked from tray gap to adiss g=
ap, where dutch treat drove in to join us for the night.  he had made beef =
bougonoun(sp) for us to dine on.  we ate like royalty trailside.  hummingbi=
rd and i hiked to dicks creek gap on monday, where dutch treat picked us up=
.  we went to hummingbirds and dutch treats home, cleaned up, picked up kat=
ydid at the blueberry patch, and headed for hiawasse, where we ate a daniel=
s steak house AYCE supper with baltimore jack and a few other hikers.  we c=
leaned out the joint and had a blast...

bear bag (gary buffington) and cimmaron (81 year old) arrived the next day =
from florida.  cimmaron was getting back on the trail after severely twisti=
ng his ankle a couple of weeks before.  i slacked them with bear bags car o=
ne day, then bear bag took me to the microtel motel in franklin where barb =
came to pick me up...

haywire emailed indicating that he and the two tennessee's are still on the=
 trail and hiking together...

pittsburgh

This mobile message sent using PocketMail.
Sign up for unlimited e-mail at www.PocketMail.com.