[at-l] White Gas availability

First off, hi there.  Me, I'm a math student at Millersville University in PA
who's planning to start out his first thru-hike next spring.  I just thought
I'd end my month of lurking since a question popped into my head.  I am
curious as to how difficult it is to obtain white gas along the trail, and
what kind of quantity you can get it in.  I bought an MSR Whisperlite after
weighing my options, and it just appealed to me.  But how do you get fuel for
it when you're on a thru-hike?  Checking websites and other's comments on
stoves, I've read fuel is "readily available" in the US, but I'm taking that
with a grain of salt.  Thanks a bunch - I'm really enjoying being on the list.
 Gives me a nice dose of interesting stuff to read each day.

-Ryan