[at-l] (Guest Post) skin-so-soft

At 11:58 PM 4/15/2003 -0500, Simva2020 the Medicine Man wrote:
>* Message posted to AT-L from the National Scenic Trails Website
>* by our guest Simva2020 the Medicine Man <simva2020@yahoo.com>.
>* Please use <mailto:simva2020@yahoo.com> to reply to the sender.
>
>Saw that a poster here slammed skin-so-soft....I wonder how many here know =
>its true value...I always carry a 1/16oz. bottle with me in Spring/Summer/F=
>all section hikes on the AT...just last week between Deep Gap and Wallace G=
>ap that very small bottle made lunch at the shelter enjoyable for many thru=
>'s, and all were surprised when I told them that the small bottle would las=
>t one person several months---like dippity-do, a little dab will do ya!
>Granted it has little effect if any at all on mosquitos but the annoying na=
>t is especially sensitive to it....ask an Marine who has spent time at Pari=
>s Island if you dont trust me...and you should since this is my field.

I think this is a matter of individual body chemistry. It works for some
people, it doesn't for others. I tried it after several people swore to me
that it worked better than any insect repellant. All it did for me was make
my skin greasy and add an annoying smell. If anything the bugs all adored
it since I was bothered more than before I applied it. YMMV.

Saunterer