[at-l] (no subject)

On Tuesday, April 15, 2003, at 10:42 PM, Clint Barney wrote:

> [ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
>
> hey everyone this is FIFE
>
> i was just wondering what kinda sleeping bag i should het i am hiking
> next
> year around march so ill need to know before then hahaha. well ill talk
> to you
> later

Hi Fife,

There are a lot out there.  I don't think anybody can tell you what to
get, really.
You're going to need something good and warm when it's cold out,
maybe something not quite as warm for the summer, then the warm
one back again later.

Me, I like down.  Some people like synthetic.

Some people like a little skinny mummy bag, some people like a roomy
bag, some
people like quilts.

You want to get as much warmth per weight as you can, for the least
money.  :)
My advice would be to start surfing outdoors gear websites and specific
sleeping bag manufacturers to get a feel for what's available and how
much it
costs.

FWIW, I use a Nunatak Arc-Alpinist, which is to say a down quilt.  It
has a footbox
like a regular sleeping bag, but it's open up the back.  My groundpad is
supposed
to keep my underneath warm, and it does.  The quilt saves some weight
(no zipper,
less fabric) and is less constricting than a mummy bag.

-amy