[at-l] Ice Storm?

skeeter wrote:
>I there anyone out there along the Southern Tier of NY?
>I've picked up reports that Rochester got nailed in that last ice storm,
>and since I'll be heading for a hike in the southern tier soon I was
>wondering how far south the damage extended...

How about central PA?

We just spent the weekend with a trail crew playing pick-up sticks on the
Link Trail (near Mt Union, PA).  Thousands of small branches, hundreds of
small  trees down.  Took us 7 hours on Sunday to "walk" 6 miles even though
3 miles of that was a roadwalk (because we didn't have a key to the gate on
the Gamelands road).

Bottom line - be prepared to work your way through a lot of blowdowns unless
a trail crew has been through there.

Walk softly,
Jim