[at-l] Max Patch

--
In a message dated 4/12/2003 8:28:58 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
cwfrank@surry.net writes:

> Is the route driveable by car or should I drive my 4WD truck?

I just got back from a gloriuos breakfast on top of the patch. It is a dirt
road to the top but easily passable by any vehiocle. The easiest and most
direct route it to take 209 out of Hot Springs. Take a right onto Meadowfork
road and just follow the signs. There are signs at every turn, you just need
to watch for them because they are the small forest service signs, not big
ones. I think its probably 15 miles out of Hot Springs and there is a really
easy hike from the parking lot. Don't take the fading trail straight up,
follow the grassed over road to the north - they are trying to get rid of the
erosion.

POG