[at-l] Re[2]: [at-l] Oldest Thru Hiker??

Bob C. wrote:
> Paw Paw got as far as Saddleback, at least, because we ran a picture of him on
> the summit in Wilderness Matters, the newsletter I edit/write for the Maine
> Chapter of the AMC. The photo was taken by hikers from the Cabin in East
> Andover, where they and Paw Paw slack-packed from for several days. I never
> heard rather he reached Katahdin, but I suspect he probably did.
>
> I met him briefly. He was very fond of a bourbon that cost $35 a bottle. He
> praised it so highly I even bought a bottle. It was delicious, but didn't match
> my retirement income. Now I can't remember the name. But I remember it had
> something like fake candle wax or something on the bottle.

That would be Maker's Mark - real wax, I dipped a bottle when I visited
the distillery in Loretto, KY. last year. You know Bob, you don't have
the buy the largest bottle :)

Definitely my bourbon of choice and they sell hiking gear too
http://tinyurl.com/9fhx

Steve