[at-l] REALLY long distance hiking...

>Intent to drag it out of me anyway, eh, Rick?  :)

Exactly, Shane.  If I could have my way, I'd pepper you with a gazillion
questions.  Frankly, I'm surprised others don't have the same inclination.

Not real surprised, actually.  After my thru hike about the most any of my
friends could ask upon learning that I had walked to GA was "Well how did
you get back?".  In many ways your kind of trip is as foreign to AT day,
section and thru hikers-- be they thru hikers of the AT, PCT or CDT,  as my
thru hike was to my beer guzzling college buddies.  It is so amazing it is
hard to relate to.

Anyway, if nobody else is interested in jumping in with questios, I'll stand
aside as well.  If the discussion ever hits its stride, I'd ask how much of
your hike south of the Arctic Circle and North of Mexico was away from
roads.  If much of it was, I'd be real curious how you managed your way
north.

Anyway, lest you ever thought differently, rest assured that at least one
person remains very curious about such an extrodinary trip.  Thanks for your
post.

RIck B