[at-l] Hiking Poles

--

  What is your take on hiking poles?  Some are adamant that they are tearing
up the trail...  But I just don't see it here in PA where I hike,  it might
be because of the rocks ;)   But I just don't see it.    I see where I am
more apt to walk on the trail through muck, goo and water instead of walking
around due to my poles.  They provide me stability and thus I will not walk
around.

  Just wondering what you all think....  I have no intentions of getting rid
of my poles because of the reason I mentions, help my knees, a versatile
piece of gear and I really like hiking with them.